Everything You Need to Know About the 2019 RDK Americas Summit What will you build tomorrow? Hello, RDK Community colleagues, and FYI that it’s probably
Alticast Inc. is excited to introduce its first contribution to the RDK community. The Alticast Xconf Log Server is a software server component that works in conjunction with the RDK Xconf Server technology. The log server is a simple file server written in the Go Language. It may be used to upload files from an RDK set-top or gateway device via the RDK Xconf Server. Logs are stored to the local file system on the server platform and additional meta-data is captured in a Cassandra NoSQL database. Uploaded files may be downloaded from the log server using the simple log server Web UI or the server’s REST API. Alticast is providing this contribution after identifying the need for a simple tool that can be used to upload and manage log files while investigating the RDK Xconf Server technology and explore how it can help improve operations. The Alticast Xconf Log Server application fulfils this requirement and may be used to test the RDK Xconf Server technology while a more robust solution is developed. Of course, the Alticast software may also be used as a base for a production solution since it is being released as an Open Source component under the Apache 2 license. The Xconf Log Server provides the following features:
- A simple log upload repository solution for the RDK Xconf Server. Logs are stored locally on the server’s file system.
- Meta-data capture used for searching and managing logs on the server. Data includes the log file name, size, owner and creation date.
- A REST API that provides convenient interfaces for upload, download, deletion and query.
- A simple WebUI that may be used for log listing, download and management.
- Docker support for building and running a log server container.
Server Architecture The following diagram shows the relationship of the Xconf Log Server component to the RDK Xconf Server and Client software.
As illustrated in the diagram, the Alticast Xconf Log Server is a standalone component and does not require any modifications to the RDK Xconf Server components. A log upload URL is specified in the RDK Xconf Angular Admin UI, indicating where the STB XConf Client will upload its logs to. The Client obtains the log server URL from the RDK Xconf Data Service using a curl command to call the REST API on the RDK Xconf Data Server. When the Client is ready to upload its logs to the Alticast Xconf Log Server, it communicates directly with the Alticast software. REST API The Xconf Log Server REST API is comprised of four main interfaces:
- Log Upload – uploads a log file to the server
- Log Download – downloads a log file from the server
- Log Info – Obtain meta-data information about the log (i.e. file name, size, and creation date)
- Log Deletion – deletes a log file from the server
- Github: https://github.com/alticast/rdk-xconf-logserver
- Documentation: https://github.com/alticast/rdk-xconf-logserver/wiki
- REST API: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/5341212/SzmcbzBm?version=latest
Cognizant Voice Control Solution Leverages RDK Technology Cognizant has developed a service for enabling voice control of RDK-V and RDK-B devices and features. The service
Metrological named first RDK pre-integrated App Store for Worldwide Operators The new app program, recently unveiled by RDK Management gives operators the flexibility to use