MARSEILLE, FRANCE – DECEMBER 15, 2020
– Wyplay – a global TV Professional Services and Video Platform Solutions provider – with more than 15 years of experience, provides a complete range of services to accompany TV operators in the development of their solutions on RDK (Reference Design Kit), a whole home open-source software platform.
Based on strong technical foundations, RDK is a proven option for operators looking for a fully customizable and modular solution powering all home and portable devices. Operators can keep track of usage data to improve the UX and clients benefit from a pre-integrated store with more than 300 applications. To date, 60 million devices worldwide have been deployed using RDK with the support of the extensive – 430 companies – community.
“Our professional services offering is the result of the strategic shift initiated by Wyplay in 2018.” said Dominique Feral
, CSMO of Wyplay. “As a result, we chose in 2020 to invest heavily in six RDK video verticals and bring our expertise to TV operators in their RDK ambitious projects. In 2021, we will continue our RDK developments moving towards RDK broadband support.”
Wyplay now enriches the RDK ecosystem with system integration and engineering expertise:
- UI design & UX development: Wyplay UI development teams have undergone certification training to deliver interfaces based on Lightning™ App language. The Wyplay Design Studio, can support all your UX project phases, including design, creation and development. As a starting point or to speed up development time, Wyplay has ported its award winning PREMIUM UX on Lightning.
- Integration of 3rd party video streaming applications: Wyplay has a significant track record of 3rd party app porting. In 2020, we accompanied Canal+, Free and Telefonica for multiple integrations of Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, etc. We are now providing our expertise to RDK TV Operators.
- Analytics, editorial promotions, and advertising modules: Wyplay has developed key back-end modules to increase operator’s revenues. The operator can easily capture the end-user behavior, monitor the software stack, promote content and animate in real time the ad placement thanks to its dedicated UX Manager.
- DVB stack deployment: Benefiting from a long-standing experience in deploying DVB products, Wyplay can manage operators DVB deployment projects regardless of the selected stack (Wyplay, RDK or any other compatible stack). Wyplay equipped 12.5 million households with satellite, cable, terrestrial, hybrid solutions, etc.
- Voice Assistant integration: With an extensive track record in voice interactions experiences and integrations, Wyplay has recently integrated AVS (Alexa Voice Service) into its RDK reference implementation. Other voice integrations could be addressed.
- System integration: Wyplay has been playing the role of system integrator over the last 15+ years for the most demanding Tier 1 operators.
Operators seeking to deploy an RDK solution would be able to leverage Wyplay’s experience, including experience working with an Open-Source community such as RDK.
Follow this link to discover our RDK services in video
An independent, internationally recognized company with more than 15 years of experience, Wyplay makes operator’s video solution transformations successful. Wyplay has helped Tier 1 operators to unlock their businesses and to reach their highest potential thanks to a wide range of Video Platform Solutions and Professional Services. We tailor video software solutions and manage Android TV, RDK and Linux STB’s as well as mobile devices, legacy upgrades and OTT platforms.
Wyplay’s teams create user experiences that perfectly match and complement the product and market strategies of an operator or broadcaster. Wyplay is now a strategic partner of leading operators such as AT&T DIRECTV, Vivendi/Canal+, Sky Brazil, Telefonica, DishTV, ELSYS, Proximus, SFR, and Sky Italia. To learn more about Wyplay, please visit www.wyplay.com.