Cable customers expect a highly interactive viewing experience, including rich browsing, downloadable applications and high-definition on-demand video. Cable operators need to quickly launch the latest compelling services before their competitors.
To facilitate development time reduction for set-top-boxes, gateways, and converged devices, Comcast, Time Warner and other MSOs have collaborated to create a Reference Design Kit (RDK).
This open source RDK can be pre-integrated onto system-on-chips (SoC), creating a Cable Ready platform. It provides a standardized core of software components estimated to reduce time-to-market by 12 months while maintaining set-top box quality. We make it possible for silicon suppliers and OEMs to quickly integrate the RDK package, and make the most of this feature-rich platform.
Our custom RDK Solutions comprise of a full range of services including RDK Stack Porting, optimization of RDK components, and developing custom software components. We customize the RDK for Comcast, and provide Adobe® Flash® porting, Adobe® Access porting, Microsoft® Smooth porting, Microsoft® PlayReady® porting, including test and validation. All to give you first mover advantage.
• Architectural planning to prepare our clients to enable RDK capabilities in their platform
• Strong focus on audio / video RDK component integration and optimization
• Provider of Adobe related RDK components — Flash and Primetime Digital Home Players
• Full porting, optimization, and testing of all RDK software components
• Integration of Application Frameworks to RDK platforms, such as HTML5 containers